Call For Project Proposals
Information and application guidelines for current and closed calls for project proposals.
Ahead of the curve starts here. Join us.
At DIGITAL, we are building a future where Canadian organizations are global industry leaders and where Canadians benefit from the prosperity and growth that comes from creating novel technology products and services that are meaningful across the country and around the world.
Since our start in 2018, we have supported 95 projects with a total investment value of $390M. These projects have convened over 500 partners comprised of the best in business, academia, community and government to solve some of industry and society’s biggest challenges – better and faster than any single organization could do on its own.
With co-investment from the Government of Canada through the Global Innovation Cluster program; Employment & Social Development Canada; and the Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence Strategy; Canada’s National Quantum Strategy; and the Province of British Columbia, DIGITAL is mobilizing break-through technology innovation and talent initiatives that:
- Support health and wellness by providing more equitable access to care, improving health outcomes and enabling sustainable healthcare systems in Canada and around the world.
- Advance environmental health and strengthening Canada’s natural resources sectors to succeed in a prosperous, low carbon economy.
- Build a highly skilled and connected Canada by supporting talent and capacity building initiatives that provide unobstructed pathways to digital jobs. This includes working with remote and rural communities and Indigenous partners to establish digital connectivity, transform to clean energy and cultivate digital leaders within their communities.
- Capture economic potential of made-in-Canada AI technology solutions through technology commercialization, talent development and creating global advantage.
- Accelerate the adoption of Canadian quantum technologies by having domestic and international partners demonstrate proof-of-value of quantum applications in real-life scenarios.
- Harness data-driven digital innovation to help grow housing production capacity.
Focusing investment on industry challenges and social issues that impact all Canadians.
Review the Call for Proposals below to learn about the opportunities, including specific program and co-investment information.
Funds available for each program are limited and have a competitive application and selection process. All applications will be reviewed and evaluated on a continuous-intake basis. While there is no specific due date for submissions, we retain the right to close application intake at any time if funds are anticipated to be fully committed. We will endeavor to keep applicants informed as projects are selected by providing updates to the respective program pages.
To sign-up for informational webinars and keep up to date on call for proposal announcements, please subscribe to our newsletter.Subscribe to our newsletter
Call for Proposals in Technology Leadership (Cycle 6)
A $65M investment from the federal Global Innovation Clusters program will be competitively distributed across 10-15 new projects. This will result in more than $200M of new investment in the development of novel and innovative digital technology solutions in health and natural resources.Learn more
Call for Proposals in Horizon AI – Technology Commercialization Stream
PROJECT CONCEPT SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
A $20M investment from the Commercialization Pillar of the federal Pan-Canadian AI Strategy (PCAIS) will be competitively distributed across 10-15 projects. This will result in more than $60M of new investment to drive the commercialization and adoption of made-in-Canada AI solutions.Learn more
Call for Proposals in Horizon AI – Global Advantage Stream
PROJECT CONCEPT SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
A $5M investment from the Commercialization Pillar of the federal Pan-Canadian AI Strategy (PCAIS) will be competitively distributed to create a portfolio of projects that help build Canada’s presence in emerging market opportunities.Learn more
Call for Proposals to Grow Housing Production Capacity in B.C.
A $9M investment from the Government of British Columbia will be used to harness data-driven digital innovation to help grow housing production capacity.Learn more
Call for Proposals in Quantum Technologies
DIGITAL and NGen Canada are leveraging funding from Canada’s National Quantum Strategy to result in more than $30M of new investment in key categories of quantum technologies.Learn more