We Commemorated 5 Years of Growing Canadian Industry.
2023 marked a significant milestone as we commemorated five years of growing Canadian industry and expanding our impact through dedicated programs focusing on health, natural resources, artificial intelligence, skilling and housing opportunities. We announced our partnership with the CAN Health Network to continue fostering collaboration across our ecosystems to help Canadian companies get stronger and respond to real challenges facing this country. We celebrated the culmination of $190M in applied AI investments and introduced our Horizon AI program, a $30M initiative set to drive the commercialization of made-in-Canada AI solutions and position our country as a global leader in emerging markets. We also closed the last of 38 projects in our $90M COVID-19 portfolio, which contained initiatives that provided critical support to our hospitals, seniors, testing and therapeutic development and alleviated the pressures on our healthcare system and food supply chains. We also put 7,000 Canadians on the path to in-demand careers in the digital economy; ensuring that we have the leadership to develop these solutions both today and for years to come.
We Launched 6 Calls for Proposals.
This year alone, we launched 6 calls for proposals under existing and new programs to mobilize break-through technology innovation and talent initiatives. We continue to be called on by our private and public industry partners to solve big challenges: from accelerating commercialization of novel digital technologies, positioning Canada as a global leader in artificial intelligence, growing our housing production capacity and more.
We Celebrated Your Major Wins.
We celebrated alongside our Members in their impacts, recognition and ongoing potential for representing the best of Canadian innovation. To name just a few:
- Ideon Technologies wins Canada’s Governor General’s Innovation Award and delivers the world’s first borehole muon tomography field trial results.
- MDA signed an agreement with the Government of Canada to help counter illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing in the Indo-Pacific region.
- DNAstack awarded Company of the Year award from Life Sciences Ontario.
- NPower Canada scales the Canadian Tech Talent Accelerator program through continued partnerships with Microsoft and the CIBC Foundation to launch more than 6,000 job-seekers across Canada into meaningful tech careers.
- WELL Health Technologies awarded Company of the Year by Life Sciences BC.
- AlayaCare and Clarius Mobile Health selected to be part of Canada’s Global Hypergrowth Project.
- Altis Labs breaks new ground by launching digital twins for clinical trials in collaboration with Astrazeneca and Bayer Pharmaceuticals.
- Swift Medical introduces the Swift Ray 1 device to revolutionize wound care by rapidly identifying infected wounds.
- Metaspectral recognized in CB Insights AI 100 list as one of the most promising private AI companies in the world.
We’re always looking to highlight the growth and success of our Members. Keep in touch throughout the year so we can celebrate together!
We grew, too.
You need a great team to rise to big challenges. Since 2018, DIGITAL has benefited from the energy, passion and brilliance of a small yet mighty team that has now grown to 28 bright minds committed to the potential of Canadian innovation.
In addition to growing our team, we appointed a new Board of Directors. Our Directors bring decades of expertise in innovation, growth, skilling, and the development and deployment of digital innovations across numerous sectors. Their experience, knowledge and perspectives on growing Canadian companies and deploying world-leading digital solutions to some of industry and society’s biggest challenges will guide and govern DIGITAL as we continue to accelerate our impact across Canada and beyond.